This Weeks App of the Week is Skitch. Skitch is a free app for Windows PCs, Macs, iOS devices, and Android Devices. Skitch is a visual annotation app that allows you to snap pictures or screenshots and annotate on top of the image.
What is Skitch?
Skitch is an awesome free tool that allows users to snap pictures or screenshots and easily annotate them. It integrates with your evernote account to save annotated images to the cloud. Below is the description from the skitch website:
Get your point across with fewer words using annotation, shapes and sketches, so that your ideas become reality faster.
- Draw attention to something
- Make your point with arrows, shapes, and sketches
- Makes it easy to demonstrate an idea
- Automatically saves your annotated images to your Evernote account
- Very clean and easy to use
- Available for almost every device (Sorry Windows Phone users, not available yet)
How can I use it in my classroom?
Skitch has endless uses in the classroom and since it is free, its much more accessible to students. Below is few ideas of how you could use it in your classroom:
- Label science lab equipment and send to students
- Demonstrate use of a website or application
- Annotate a map for a history lesson or quiz
- Demonstrate skill with pictures
- Photo Scavenger Hunts
- Project timelines
- Much much more!